Visa waiver program Miami
USCIS and immigration Laws
Since 1986 in the United States of America a new immigration law involving thirty-six countries, with the purpose of promoting tourism in the American territory, was implemented. The Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) stated several ways in which the citizens of other countries could visit the U.S. like the non-immigrant visa.
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP), acknowledges individuals to travel to the United States for the purpose of business or pleasure for a time extent of 90 days or less if he or she belongs to one of the qualifying countries. Besides, the individual must meet the eligibility requirements to travel without a visa. You will need to file for a visa if you would like to visit the U.S. for a longer period of time.
In order to come under the Visa Waiver Program, the individual must apply for an Electronic System Travel Authorization. This is recommended to be done at least 72 hours prior to the trip, though for the most part last minute travel can be furnished.
What does ESTA stand for?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization involves the Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Protections automated web-based system. They will decide eligibility to travel to the U.S. for pleasure or business without a visa.
Countries included in the Visa Waiver Program
Of all the countries in the world, only thirty-six fall within the Visa Waiver Program. They are shown below:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
Considerations about the Visa Waiver Program
It really is a benefit that citizens of one of these countries can belong to the Visa Waiver Program. I is really good that the government has opened the door to millions of people who want to know the American wonders without any limitations, but it is necessary to consider some of the facts for this type of visa, including:
- People under the Visa Waiver can only remain in the country for three months. Extension of time is not permitted.
- Individuals who enter American soil under this visa can only stay as tourists; they cannot change the immigration status or work within this period.
- Visitors with a Visa Waiver have to give up any rights they may have as residents of the United States. If the government discovers that there has been any fraud regarding the visa, then they can be deported to their country of origin.
Requirements for Visa Waiver Program
All citizens under the Visa Waiver program wishing to visit the United States need to have a passport decipherable electronically called "MRP” also must meet the following:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries included in the visa waiver program.
- Have a machine- understandable passport with at least 6 months in duration. This passport must have an integrated chip to be acknowledged electronically.
- Have only applied to travel for pleasure, work or transit to another country. Citizens asking for business must demonstrate that it is only for a professional conference, to meet with a business partner in the territory or to a scientific convention or seminars.
- Be visiting the country for only three months.
- Have travel tickets from and to the country they want to go, not necessarily have to be the original one.
- Be visiting friends or relatives or for rest or medical treatment.
- Be visiting the country for only three months.
- Have no criminal record.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of prior visits into the U.S. under the Visa Waiver.
How to obtain entry into the United States through the Visa Waiver/ESTA Visa
Beginning, you must have an eligible electronic passport for international flight rules and belong to one of the countries exempted from visa mentioned above. Then, apply for ESTA entry permit into the country which is awarded in less than 72 hours after verifying that there is eligible for the visa waiver so they are exempted to apply for a regular visa non-immigrant to the United States. These documents are electronically filled out by the individual so it is recommended to consider the idea of hiring an immigration attorney before applying, since they know all the laws of the Department of State and thus, avoid any mistakes in application. When arriving to U.S. it should be done on an approved air or sea carrier and have a round trip ticket revealing return travel to a country outside the United States. Correct answers of all specific questions about the trip, medical and police records can guarantee acceptance of the permit. Then, individuals under the Waiver program may temporarily stay in the country for 90 days but only for visits or business reasons. This entry permit is authorized only for 2 years, after this date a new boarding authorization is needed.
When to apply for a Non-immigrant Visa if belonging to a country exempt from visa
Some individuals belonging to one of the countries that are exempt from visa must necessarily ask for a non-immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate of the resident country because:
- You have been denied entry to the country before.
- You have a police record with criminal offense.
- The medical history contains information that affects the health of the national population.
- The individual has characteristics not acceptable by U.S. immigration laws.
- Travel on a professional basis, whether for sport, art, acting, a worker of communicative media, etc.
- Travel by private transportation.
Influence of immigration lawyer in the Visa Waiver Program in Miami, Florida.
Immigration attorneys in Miami, Florida play an important role within the Visa Waiver program for foreigners. Gallardo Law Office has exceptional attorneys throughout the state of Florida; lawyers that help thousands of customers who require a visa to enter the United States. The best immigration lawyers in Miami will help you make the whole process of verification of the information necessary to qualify for the visa waiver easy. You must remember that revisions to renew the authorization of entry to the United States will be made since it only lasts two years.
About Gallardo Law Firm
Gallardo Law firm has some of the most experienced immigration attorneys in Miami, Florida. The firm serves individuals and businesses with all of their immigration needs in a competent and distinctive manner. Our staff at Gallardo Law Firm will make you feel at home. We are a Firm conceived by immigrants created for immigrants.
The Miami immigration attorney knows how to represent the rights of all citizens who qualify for the Visa Waiver to visit the United States and provides the best customer support.
The Firm has pro bono immigration lawyers, the most experienced lawyers in immigration processes.
Immigration attorneys at Gallardo Law Firm are exceptionally for providing immigration counsel to the families. Whether you desire bring your family member to America, or you wish to sponsor a foreign professional or other, our law firm can help represent you with the highest probability of success.
It also has an immigration lawyer online at the website, who advises the future customers of rights and responsibilities.